Lebanon Indiana Poultry Show!!!

Attack Chicken

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu
11 Years
Sep 25, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
Was just wondering if anyone was going to go to it. Would like to see some BYC fan there aswell. If you going what all are you bringing?

smile.png

I'm looking forward to the Central Indiana Poultry Show in Lebanon, IN Saturday. The wife and I plan to drive up on Friday night. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express. The show opens early Saturday morning, so I didn't want to leave home at 4:00 AM. I think this will be a good show. Doug Akers is a very nice fellow. He judged our 4-H fair in July, and was very good with the kids. Hope to see lots of folks there.

Yardegg
big_smile.png

Just a guess, but I'd say around 1,200. I read about it in Backyard Poultry magazine, and that number seems to stick. The Ohio National show may be about twice that size.

Yardegg

Hello there. I'm new here and this is my first post. We live about 20 min east of the belt of 70 and were thinking of going to the show. However, we have never been to one and not sure what to expect.

Is this just a sort of exhibition or will there be chickens for sale as well?

DH has decided that we should get some layers (and later meat birds) and we are weighing our options. I'm leaning towards trying to find some older birds (6 months or so) this fall in the hopes that they will be ready to lay by late winter/early spring.

Of course I'm worried about housing them safely. Making sure they are warm enough and protected enough. We have lots of coons and possum around here and because of our horses we try to keep them taken care of. (they can pass on pretty nasty stuff to horses) There's just SOOO many of them!

Anyway, I was wondering what kind of things we can expect from the show.

Thanks for you time and any advice you have!
B.

I can't wait! We are an hour north so it is a decent trip for us. It is our first time at a real show, except for the State Fair. We are bringing some carriers with us, just in case.
Gram

I can't wait! We are an hour north so it is a decent trip for us. It is our first time at a real show, except for the State Fair. We are bringing some carriers with us, just in case.

I'm getting edgy. Last night DH said we can't go. Our fridge is acting up and he thinks we might have to buy a new one. So he thinks we should wait on the chickens.
sad.png
(thanks for letting me get my hopes up!)

That's ok. I've started working on building the coop in the barn anyway. I told him that we might as well have it ready. Ya never know when someone will say they are trying to get rid of some chickens!

And, I still want to try to go to the show. Even if I end up going alone, darn it!

b​

Back
Top Bottom