Leesburg Florida Area Wanted Someone to...

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Rufflemyfeathers, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Rufflemyfeathers

Rufflemyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    I am looking for lady to walk with me around Leesburg or Taveras Florida area..I am fairly new to this area and don't know people to much so I thought if there is an elderly sorta lady that is looking for another lady to walk with and be friends this might be a good place to start.. I need to loose some weight and just hate walking alone..

2. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Drats i used to live in Eustis and my youngest was born in Tavares. Since i live a thousand miles away i can obviously not walk with you , but i know the area and you can ask me questions. Mt Dora has a nice fleamarket on the weekends. There is a lady and her husbad where you can buy poultry. I know they have chickens, ducks, turkeys...i have even seen them with Sebastopol geese before. On occasions they will also have goats or pot belly pigs. You should be able to find some over 40 folks in the Villages.Fl biggest 45+ community

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  3. Rufflemyfeathers

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    Thanks for you input..it is something when you move to a new place and have to make new friends and haven't the clue..I am 60 and sure would love to make friends someone around my age though and walk and hang out over coffee..

4. dutchhollow

dutchhollow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    SW IA
    My mother lives in Tavares, and walks a couple of miles a day (she is in her sixties), pm me your email and I will see if she is up to walking again (she had surgery recently).

5. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    You also should check out the monthly street party that Eustis has , it is always a lot of fun. Mt Dora has lots of nice places to go, i love their little downtown with its boutiques,restaurants, ice cream shop ......
    Also dont miss out on the Dragon boat festival

6. raneydayfarm

raneydayfarm Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2009
    My dad lives in Leesburg and works for the Villages newspaper. I think the Villages would be a great place to meet new people as well!

7. Rufflemyfeathers

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida

Never had heard of the street party in Eustics and don't do parties much but love Mt Dora yes cute town I found. Thanks

Quote:

8. Rufflemyfeathers

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    Will keep that in mind..I so appreciate the feedback.

Quote:

9. Rufflemyfeathers

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    I pm'd you thanks for info..

Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by