Left eggs on turner day 19

ddanielle31

In the Brooder
Mar 24, 2017
Sarasota, Fl
So this is our first time hatching & we have 2 incubators. One with a turner and one without. Our plan was at Day 18 put the eggs in the incubator without the turner since we have different dated eggs in the main one. Well I forgot to take them out & it's Day 19 (if the first day I put them in counts as zero).
So should I leave them in the incubator on the turner or should I take them out put them in an egg carton in the other incubator? I say put them in egg carton because I'm worried about laying them down now. The other incubator is set up and ready to go.
Thanks in advance

So this is our first time hatching & we have 2 incubators. One with a turner and one without. Our plan was at Day 18 put the eggs in the incubator without the turner since we have different dated eggs in the main one. Well I forgot to take them out & it's Day 19 (if the first day I put them in counts as zero).
So should I leave them in the incubator on the turner or should I take them out put them in an egg carton in the other incubator? I say put them in egg carton because I'm worried about laying them down now. The other incubator is set up and ready to go.
Thanks in advance
I would quickly take them out the turner and I lay them flat on the wire---increase the moisture and let them hatch. I do not use cartons and in my hatcher I hatch 95 to 100% every hatch.

I would quickly take them out the turner and I lay them flat on the wire---increase the moisture and let them hatch. I do not use cartons and I hatch 95 to 100% every hatch.

Thank you! That's exactly what I'll do. I was just worried about laying them flat after they had been up for so long

Thank you! That's exactly what I'll do. I was just worried about laying them flat after they had been up for so long
Mine stay up until I lay them flat for the hatch----Never been a Problem, great hatches----with 1000's and 1000's hatched in the last 3 or so years. Always Lay flat for the hatch and chicks knocking/rolling the unhatched eggs has never effected My hatch---My Chicks stay In the hatcher until after the hatch date has past. Some times between 200 and 300 in the hatcher at one time--Hurts Nothing for my hatches---helps I feel which is why I do it that way.

Back
Top Bottom