1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Left eggs on turner day 19

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ddanielle31, Jun 20, 2017.

1. ddanielle31

ddanielle31 Just Hatched

Mar 24, 2017
    Sarasota, Fl
    So this is our first time hatching & we have 2 incubators. One with a turner and one without. Our plan was at Day 18 put the eggs in the incubator without the turner since we have different dated eggs in the main one. Well I forgot to take them out & it's Day 19 (if the first day I put them in counts as zero).
    So should I leave them in the incubator on the turner or should I take them out put them in an egg carton in the other incubator? I say put them in egg carton because I'm worried about laying them down now. The other incubator is set up and ready to go.
    Thanks in advance

2. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    I would quickly take them out the turner and I lay them flat on the wire---increase the moisture and let them hatch. I do not use cartons and in my hatcher I hatch 95 to 100% every hatch.

3. ddanielle31

ddanielle31 Just Hatched

Mar 24, 2017
    Sarasota, Fl
    Thank you! That's exactly what I'll do. I was just worried about laying them flat after they had been up for so long

4. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    Mine stay up until I lay them flat for the hatch----Never been a Problem, great hatches----with 1000's and 1000's hatched in the last 3 or so years. Always Lay flat for the hatch and chicks knocking/rolling the unhatched eggs has never effected My hatch---My Chicks stay In the hatcher until after the hatch date has past. Some times between 200 and 300 in the hatcher at one time--Hurts Nothing for my hatches---helps I feel which is why I do it that way.

ddanielle31 likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by