Left overs

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by 7L Farm, Sep 23, 2010.

1. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    No waste any more. My chicks go bonkers over left overs.

2. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    LoL! Amen to that! My girls will eat anything BUT veggies. They are meat and potato kinda girls hehe. They love left over meat, mashed taters, and corn (the only veggie they eat). They also LOVE canned tuna, but funny because they will not touch the Light tuna, they like all the fat and good stuff haha.

3. gavinandallison

gavinandallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Matthews, NC.
    My girls are spoiled rotten every morning and every evening they get a snack tray - they love - Tomatoes, corn, grapes and beets - they peck a bit on cabbage and may taste a tiny bit of potatoes --- they hate banana's , will not touch strawberries ---- Oh and yes of course I cut everything up for them in easy bite size pieces .

My husband makes fun of the " tray Service " I give them , he is the morning tray taker I am the evening tray taker - these birds are funny, they like what they like and if they don't they hop onto my lap or shoulder and settle down for a root- they are like cats .

We are chicken crazy [​IMG]

4. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    My 2 very spoiled SLW hens love leftovers. I gave them sausage a couple of days ago and they were like sharks with feathers. My husband fussed because I gave the dogs a little piece, he thought the dogs deserved more. I told him, "Feed a chicken a piece of sausage, and you get an egg. Feed a dog a piece of sausage and you get a dog turd." [​IMG]

5. X2Farm

X2Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] I'm gonna HAVE to borrow that, if you don't mind, I'm dyin over here [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. OregonChickenGal

OregonChickenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Central Oregon
    Quote:[​IMG]

7. minnie1

minnie1 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2010
    baymule very funny the chicken will give an egg, the dog a turd. So true.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by