Leg Bands

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by mccartyfarms512, Jun 3, 2016.

1. mccartyfarms512

mccartyfarms512 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2015
    Carlisle, Ky
    I have a large flock and I'm wanting to get organized so me and my husband can keep track of all our babies. Anyway, I've discovered that its very hard to find the right leg bands for all my ladies. We're looking for leg bands (any color), must be numbered and large enough to fit my leghorns, road island reds, and a couple of my roos. I'll need around 60, any suggestions?

2. paneubert

paneubert Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2015
    Do they need to be different sizes, but still be sequential? I think if yes, you will need to "waste" some bands/numbers by buying at least 60 of each size you need. You can do this from places like..... http://www.strombergschickens.com/prod_detail_list/numbered-plastic-bands

Ohhh....nevermind. No wasting needed since they say "Please specify number sequence when checking out in the comment section." So just go buy whatever sizes you need and specify what number range you want for each.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  3. chickens really

chickens really Chicken Obsessed

Use zip ties of different colours.
    Funny thing is I am doing that today.
    Dont put on too tight though.

4. chickens really

chickens really Chicken Obsessed

Sorry, you need numbered bands.
    I am only trying to tell the cockerels from the pullets.

5. 3 chicks farm

3 chicks farm Just Hatched

May 15, 2016
    I have seen numbers that fit on zip ties so they would be adjustable. Not sure if I saw them on here(buy and sell) or on eBay. Good luck

6. 8MerryHens

8MerryHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2016
    Iowa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by