Leg Bands

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ksct, Sep 4, 2009.

1. ksct

ksct Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    upstate, NY
    Does Anyone Know Where I Can Get Leg Bands For My Birds? I Need To Get Some For My Birds And I'd Like To Have Different Colors Etc Because We'd Like To Be Able To Tell Them Apart.
    How Do You Know What Sizes To Get. Currently We Only Have 12 Hens And 1 Roo. We Haven't Picked Names For Them Yet Because We Can't Tell Them Apart [​IMG]
    Thanks!!!!!

2. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Some folks use the wire ties, placed loosely around their legs and cut the excess off they are pretty cheap and easy to use. You can get all sizes and colors for the birds, just use caution like you would with a metal leg band.
    These do have the potential to get picked off, but keeping records will help. Also I've seen folks use black for 2007, green for 2008 and so on, also, orange for roosters (place on other ankle).

Hope this helps!

3. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner True BYC Addict

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
  4. ksct

ksct Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    upstate, NY
    thinks a bunch. You think I could use zip ties? is that what you mean by wire ties?

5. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes, it is what I mean. In most hardware stores I believe you will find those in the electrical isles. But don't quote me on that- lol.
    Just be cautious with growing birds, oh, these ties I speak of are Nylon ties (also). Good luck!

6. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by