Leg color? Why are they different?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by OliviaDeHav, Aug 1, 2010.

1. OliviaDeHav

OliviaDeHav Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2010
    I have 2 "reds" who are six weeks old.... NO idea what they are...NH, Production??? One is really really DARK red and has "white" almost bluish legs.... the other has really very yellow legs. She is sort of a rust color, not dark at all like the other one.
    Same with my 4 buff Orps. They are 3 weeks old and one has really yellow legs, one has bluish legs, one has whitish/bluish and one is kind of whitish yellow. Why do they all seem to have different color legs? Is it because they are mutts? I got them at a feed store, so i doubt they are pure of breed.... The one orp with the most blue legs is the biggest one. Do leg colors mean anything?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  2. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:Pictures would help but the buffs with Yellow legs are I bet are Buff Rocks (And not Buff Orps)

Chris

3. jennh

jennh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Lititz
    Quote:Pictures would help but the buffs with Yellow legs are I bet are Buff Rocks (And not Buff Orps)

Chris

Jen

4. OliviaDeHav

OliviaDeHav Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2010
    well....... i'm out of steam for the day... will try to post a few pics tomorrow with legs [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by