Leg Colors

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by KalikoFarms, Oct 27, 2011.

1. KalikoFarms

KalikoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    I am not sure this is the right forum to ask these questions but if this isnt the place maybe someone can guide me to it.
    I am trying to figure out the leg colors for the Americana and the Aracana. I should say the different colors for the two breeds. I have both breeds that are young a couple of the Aracana's will be 5 months old soon and the Americana's are still around 10 weeks old. Some of the Americanas have greenish legs is this the correct color. And just to make sure you know I dont even know if green is the right color to call it. But that the color is looks to me. The Aracana's on the other hand have more yellowish-green (willow I think). Are these good color traits for these breeds? what should I be looking for to breed? VERY MUCH A NEWBE HERE. I have always been interested in these two I adore the tufted faces and in the Aracana's the rumpless just kills me. I love it to. And eventually I would like to be able to get the tufted faces and rumpless for my Aracana's. I have read alot on the different pages on the internet and it seems that everyone has a different opinion, which is wonderful, but I guess what I should be asking is what are the standards of these two wonderful breeds and how can I get a book that can help me understand the genetics etc for them.

BYC and all of the members have helped me in hatching and feeding and everything and you all are so much appreciated for your input. I would appreciate some help with these questions.

Thank you all so very much
    Rita

2. kfacres

kfacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    it is my understanding that Amer need slate colored legs-- atleast our do...

It's also the way I get drift, that green legs are a sign of an EE

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by