Leg/foot injury? Please help

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by RachG75, Jun 9, 2017.

1. RachG75

RachG75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2016
    Central Illinois
    Sorry about one-handed video quality. this is my 6.5 wk old runner. She was fine last night, but limping this morning. I can't see the problem...perhaps someone can help me pinpoint it? Maybe a little swollen? Or tell me what else I need to check? She was separated from the big ducks last night...roomed with the smaller mallard overnight. I just mixed up some electrolytes and probiotics. Should I put some acv in with it? They will have a pool with fresh water too. Please help. Thank you!!!

2. chickens really

chickens really Chicken Obsessed

Looks to be a sprain or broke toe?....
    That can take up to 6 weeks to heal....Is it out with Drakes!...Confine it to the run....fresh water is all that is needed....

3. gal5150

gal5150 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2016
    California
    Agreed with above....you can also add some extra niacin, Brewer's Yeast is easiest sprinkled on feed, for general leg support.

4. RachG75

RachG75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2016
    Central Illinois
    No drakes. We are an all girl revue here. lol.

I am so sad! I wonder how it happened. I left her in a small fenced off corner of the run with a swimming pool that has the side cut out for easy in and out and her food very close to that. She seemed happy in the water. If it's broken, I just keep her off it as much as I can and leave it alone? Thank you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by