Leg injury?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by coxgreenhouse, Dec 6, 2011.

1. coxgreenhouse

coxgreenhouse New Egg

May 3, 2011
    I have a black star chick. I marked her with a very small colored tie cable. About three hours later I noticed she was lifting her leg with the cable tie and not walking on it. I immiadatly removed it. A day later she still won't stand on it. Did I screw up marking her at three days of age. I did so because she was weak and I'm trying to keep track and learn about chickens! I have a pic but can't seem to post it!!!

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:I believe that you have to have at least 10 postings before you can post a pic, to prevent spammers. As far as your 3 day old Black Star goes, she might be just a slow starter. Try giving her a little warm sugar water to give her a boost of energy. You can use an eyedropper and put it to the side of her beak and let a drop dribble out...hopefully she'll drink it. She'll forget about the tie cable eventually and should walk normal if you can get her to perk up. As long as she eats and drinks normally, she should be ok.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by