leg problem , please help :(

new breeder

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 17, 2013
Greece
1 chick (2 days old) is not walking right, it was like 1-2 steps and fell down, stay still and then fell down ...all day lay down, i was so afraid. I tie his legs... i just want t let him free, i dont like it t see it like that :(
i can do anything else ? (i give them bitamins with water (i hope it helps too ) )

Last edited:
1 chick (2 days old) is not walking right, it was like 1-2 steps and fell down, stay still and then fell down ...all day lay down, i was so afraid. I tie his legs... i just want t let him free, i dont like it t see it like that :(
i can do anything else ? (i give them bitamins with water (i hope it helps too ) )
Keep him on vitamins, and read this link about leg problems if standing and walking are the main problems: https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/poultry-podiatry

Hi all,

I just got a batch of Freedom Ranger chicks from Pennsylvania. 16 chicks came on Friday. I've already lost 3 chicks due to at least 1 being trampled. 2 others died and I don't know the cause. I've got 2 more chicks that have some leg problem, not splay legs. They are not wide apart. When it began, they were "pointing" their toes, limping, looking at their leg like they don't know why it won't work. They won't put too much pressure on the leg to walk and I've isolated 1 in a small chick box with water. I am feeding Corn and Soy free, organic chick starter. I had gotten 4 cornish X last month and raised them on this same chick starter and they did very well. Although I did loose 1 chick out of the CXs, the others do not have any leg problems and are very healthy. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom