Leg stretch!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Amykins, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    This duck is killing me. So most ducks I've ever seen can master the "Yoga Duck" one-leg stretch within days of hatching. But not this little girl. She stretches one leg out, holds it....and then sloooowly falls downward into a full "plop" with her leg still outstretched! I've been trying to catch it on camera for days! It has me in stitches every time. [​IMG]

Do any of you guys witness "Yoga Duck" this way? Do your duckies have any cute quirks like that?

2. willowbirdks

willowbirdks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2014
    I am always saying that my ducks do yoga! My favorite is when they lay down on the ground and stretch one leg out flat behind them, or when they shrug their shoulders up above their heads. It really does look like they are practicing yoga.

I would love to see that video if you get one... Sounds both cute and funny. :)

3. Amykins

May 11, 2013
    Ha, she totally does that too! :p What pose would you call it...Downward Duck?

I'll keep trying to capture the magic moment, it really is hilarious. She isn't called "Wobbles" for nothing!

4. KARy408

KARy408 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2014
    Livermore, CA
    LOL! Duck yoga! That totally IS a thing!!!!! I have a couple of girls that are partial to sitting around balanced on just one leg. I call it the Kickstand! And I have a funny photo I took from when they were just a few weeks old, where one of the ducklings has both legs outstretched behind her as she lays on the ground. We called that one the Double Wang.

5. Amykins

May 11, 2013
    KICKSTAND! Omg!!! XD I've seen the wild mallards in my area do that, but never a domestic duck, for some reason. I just kinda figured they were too big. Guess not!

As for the leg splang thing, we call it the Bear Rug, but I think I like Double Wang better. [​IMG]

6. KARy408

Aug 18, 2014
    Livermore, CA
    My Pekins are indeed huge, but their legs are thick as tree stocks, so I guess it works! Here's Rose, kickstanding:
    [​IMG]
    And here's Dorothy (I think?) doing the "Bear Rug" Haha!:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. Amykins

May 11, 2013
    SQUEEEE! She looks just like a rubber chicken! [​IMG] I love them! You have such beautiful babies <3

8. KARy408

Aug 18, 2014
    Livermore, CA
    Thanks Amykins! I'm pretty proud of them!

9. smonkeySK

smonkeySK Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2013
    wigan uk
    [​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

and I haven't got any on my phone of the long one legged stand, but my mallard and Campbell are always at it!

10. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I am impressed when they stretch one leg out behind, then stretch a wing back over the leg.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by