Leg tremors in Peking ducklings returns : (

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Nisa, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Nisa

Nisa In the Brooder

Jul 23, 2014
    Hello All:

Well, I gave more BY and the leg tremors disappeared. Now, they are back. And the ducklings are panting or appear to be panting (bills open, breathing rapidly). I am at a loss. I have been giving the BY in a 2:1 ratio with their feed and I put in on their faves like watermelon, raspberries, etc. Any ideas, suggestions, etc. are appreciated.
    Thank you again,
    Nisa

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member 8 Years

Do you have them under heat lamp? or just in a brooder or house/what temps are you having right now? Do they have a pan to get into to cool off? any other symptoms like discharge from nostrils or eyes. hows there poop look?

3. Nisa

Nisa In the Brooder

Jul 23, 2014
    They are no longer in a brooder. They are about 6 weeks old now and HUGE. BTW, I saw no leg tremors yesterday evening & this morning. It has not been unbearably hot/humid, but a bit cooler for this time of year. No eye/nose discharge. They have access to pools of water for cooling down, bathing. I started putting electrolytes/vitamins in their water tis morning. They've had 3 breakfasts & are resting now. No tremors and no panting. They are actively eating. Poop changes from harder to softer & seems to depend on what they have eaten (bananas tend to make the poop harder/watermelon makes it more watery). The poop color changes from dark to light grayish to greenish. They love tomatoes, summer squash, kale, peaches, apple sauce, I give them fresh corn on the cob to eat/play with, raspberries, cherries, cooked peas, clover, grass, nasturtiums. They get to forage in the garden for veggies and bugs during the day then sleep in a huge dog crate at night to keep them safe from predators like raccoons. Thank you for responding.
    Nisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by