1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Legal advice (real estate)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tazcat70, Feb 26, 2008.

1. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

Sorry this is going to be kinda long.

My grandfather left me a piece of property in Mohave Co AZ. I finished paying it off, and have never even visited it in the 15 years I have owned it.

Last August I decided to sell it to one of the many companies that were contacting me about it. They sent me a signed contract saying that we would close in Nov. I signed it and faxed it back to them. Then in late Sept they sent me a letter of mutual recension. I did not sign it. I wanted to sell my land for the contracted amount.

I contacted an attorney in October. I hired him, he said that based on the fact that I had a signed contract, I shouldn't have a problem. However, every time I called him he would say he couldn't get ahold of them, or they haven't returned his calls, or I would get his answering machine.

About 2 weeks ago I decided to call them. I missed their return call and today I finally made contact with the company. And they have told me that since I did not contact them in Nov, that the contract is now null and void.

Help! Should I just forget it all and have done with it?

Thanks for reading this far.

2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I'd forget it and find another buyer who might actually keep in touch with you. As for that lawyer, I'd request a refund of the fees you paid him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by