legbands

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by seminolewind, Jan 27, 2008.

1. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I hated to do this but I had to put legbands on my 5 BLP. Can't remember who is who. I'm going to write down the color the names and whether I think its a boy or girl. That should be fun. At least I can name them now, LOL

2. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Oooo.....funny you should mention that. I saw them on sale on eBay, and wondered how in the world do you put them on. Are they stretchy or something?

3. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    The are like a coil, so you open the coil and put them on

4. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Thanks. I might need to try some.

5. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    I use the colored zip ties. You don't have to worry about getting the right size. Just zip it as tight as you want and snip off the excess.

6. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    I'm about to order some myself. I found a guy who sells them and will split a 50 count order to 25 of one color and 25 of another, plus his prices are reasonable and he'll ship it first class for me. I used to put them on my chicks, but after awhile I stopped because they outgrow them too fast. I put them on my adult chickens just to note what year they were hatched.

7. ZuniBee

ZuniBee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    Zuni, Virginia
    I use strips of velcro. Very easy to put on and you can adjust if they get tight.

8. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I ordered from a person on Ebay who did send me 5 different colors in each of the sizes I asked for.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by