Leghorn chicken that has something wrong with her she cant stand or do anything she sleeps on my pillow 24/7

Sambello210

In the Brooder
Nov 22, 2021
I have a leghorn about 6 to 8 months old. She got trampled by other chickens so I brought her inside right away. She can't walk but does push back when I push her legs up to check them. She sleeps all day drinks water and eats but when she eats her head like shakes back and fourth alot. I have her on nutri-trench to help her get better. She has been like this for over a week. She isn't egg bound checked her no egg. Her poop is like dirt sometime or really runny and she has had some like normal just slightly softer. She is with me 24/7 never unattended. I am hoping she well get better soon. The past 2 days she has been flapping her wings.

That's a picture of her right now. When she eat she has spasms with her neck. I have researched it pretty sure she has wry neck and was trampled in the pen so I have been giving her nutri-drench for a week but doesn't help it much. It has stopped the bad spasms and her head isn't upside down but not treating it. I read scrambled eggs for a week well help or raw egg yoke. I well do whatever I need to for her to get better she has a life to live

Attachments

• 16377235256379144940207399087693.jpg
    16377235256379144940207399087693.jpg
    449.8 KB · Views: 4
Is her crop empty in the morning and is it full at night? How does her crop feel now? I have a rooster that I manually feed, and he shakes his head back and forth a lot, sometimes it is because food is dry and maybe stuck in his throat, and i give him a few mL of water to help him flush his food down.

It could be something like with her neck and the placement of the food dish, and it may help to manually give her extra water and keep water close to her food. If the crop is empty in the morning, she will hopefully begin her recovery from her stress and maybe a little shock, it may take a while but of there is no other injury she should walk around on her own soon.

Her crop is empty every morning she is still drinking on her own and pooping. Her neck is doing exactly what I saw in a video of wry neck and being trampled she well get better just time

Her crop is empty every morning she is still drinking on her own and pooping. Her neck is doing exactly what I saw in a video of wry neck and being trampled she well get better just time
She has been like this for over a week but how ever long it takes I well take care of her. If there is anything else I need to get her or give her I well

Back
Top Bottom