Leghorn Contest - Contest Ended - Prize for 1st winner - 5 winners

Pics

nessa.morg

Songster
Jun 26, 2018
Leghorn Contest!!

Introduction:
Welcome! This is a contest dedicated to all types of leghorns. Please read all rules. If rules are not followed you will not be eligible to be picked as a winner. I will post the 5 winners 12/2/18. Have fun!
Rules (please read):
1. Follow all rules provided.
2. Must be a leghorn. Mixes are allowed less likely to win but I would still love to see them if thats all you have.
3. All colors, sizes, combs of leghorns are accepted. The colors, sizes, and combs types will be mentioned below for your convenience.
4. One Leghorn entry per person. Two pictures allowed but must be the same Leghorn.
5. Please use a thumbnail to link the photo of your Leghorn.
6. Must be a clear picture
7. Have fun!
What to include when entering:
1. Name of your Leghorn
2. Age
3. Gender
4. Color
5. Size
6. Comb type
7. If a mixed leghorn breed please provide what it is mixed with
7. Number of eggs per week if a hen (optional)
8. Something unique about your leghorn
9. Thumbnail of your leghorn
Facts:
  • Leghorns are known for their egg laying
  • Leghorns have many colors
  • Leghorns have two types of combs
  • Leghorns have two sizes
Colors:
  • White
  • Light Brown
  • Dark Brown
  • Buff
  • Black
  • Columbian
  • Silver
  • Red
  • Cuckoo
  • Red-tailed Black
Sizes:
  • Standard
  • Bantam
Combs:
  • Single comb
  • Rose comb
First place prize:

img_20180709_125946-jpg.1461598

If you want to donate a prize to the first winner please start a conversation with me. Do not reply in thread that you want to donate a prize. To start a conversation with me, click on inbox and then click on start a new conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is Blondie, a 1 yr. old brown leghorn hen.
She has a straight comb and is standard size.
I think this is considered light brown.
I have 3 of them almost identical, but I can tell Blondie apart because her comb flops to the right, and the others have combs that flop to the left...
My leghorns are the calmest laid back of all my chickens. No grudges, no bullying, polite to newcomers.....
a leghorn (3 of 1).jpg

Last edited:
I have 3 of them almost identical, but I can tell Blondie apart because her comb flops to the right, and the others all have combs that flop to the left...
View attachment 1460810
What a beauty. My example shows one of mine but she looks like a dark brown leghorn even though I know I definitely ordered hers as a light brown. But I think yours is light brown.

I have 3 of them almost identical, but I can tell Blondie apart because her comb flops to the right, and the others have combs that flop to the left...
My leghorns are the calmest laid back of all my chickens. No grudges, no bullying, polite to newcomers.....
View attachment 1460810

She's beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom