Leghorn/Golden Laced Wyandotte 4 week old gender?

Flora Vale Fowl

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 16, 2013
Mount Savage, MD
My Coop
My Coop
Dixie, our one surviving chick from a clutch of fertile eggs hatched just after we culled it's father, with it's adopted mother, Ditzy. So hoping it's a pullet, as we would love to keep it, but loving not having a roo these days. Let us know your opinion.

Yes, I had that feeling. Sigh. My little girl isn't going to be happy. Hell, I ain't happy. I mean, if he grows up to be a perfect gentleman, and we could socialize with him just like we get to with the ladies currently....like THAT'S gonna happen!

Thank you.

Anyone else, please feel free. I'll hedge my bets for a second opinion!

Yes, I had that feeling. Sigh. My little girl isn't going to be happy. Hell, I ain't happy. I mean, if he grows up to be a perfect gentleman, and we could socialize with him just like we get to with the ladies currently....like THAT'S gonna happen!

Thank you.

Anyone else, please feel free. I'll hedge my bets for a second opinion!

Oh yes, definitely hedge your bets for a second opinion; I am far from an expert when picking gender. I have enough trouble with my own but then I do tend to live in denial
wink.png

I have heard and read many stories of beautiful, friendly roosters; do not give up hope that if your lovely little one does turn out to be a he that he too can be a sweetheart :)

Unfortunately, no roosters allowed where we are.

Back
Top Bottom