Sit'n on the porch

Pics
its been 3 days, she is warming up
IMG_0104.JPG

Well, with the new year upon us I am thinking about the to-do list for the coop. I will have to prioritize based on the weather. #1 January and February --- will be get the coop ready for our February snow! This photo was 2-9-19. It snowed from the 3rd to the 13th DSCN2762.JPG
I ran out of feed because we had not had this much in over 10 years and didn't expect it.
So....I made some with my trusty grinder .https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/leghorns-have-been-the-easiest-chickens.1254494/page-13 .Oats, Flax,amaranth, Millet, uncracked buckwheat, barley, dried peas, kelp, sea salt, and lots of frozen kale ** I am going to put the peas;wheat;buckwheat;barley in the grinder** .... DSCN2782.JPG ...... DSCN2784.JPG ............
BUY EXTRA FEED, and nesting box chips, put an extra shovel by the run gate to keep the snow moved (so i can get the gate open Lolo)

I am going to need to do a poopie butt wash also
(SEE PAGE 13 leghorns-have-been-the-easiest-chickens) on the hens. It will help keep then more comfortable and any snow from building up back there. Last year I locked them in for 3 or 4 days recourse it was to nasty outside, maybe I will get a flock block and extra apples or something so they wont go coop crazy.

I will not have a tarp over the run,, the snow was to heavy and it was murder to keep it off. The above photo was last December 2018.
Well thats enough to-do for now,
Have a great day and stay warm!
48425106_10218938697722520_5014680849895915520_n.jpg

Ziva 1 year and 2 months Tony 2 months and one week
IMG_0142.JPG

Back
Top Bottom