Sit'n on the porch

Pics
I got up at 3:45, My bones were hurt'n, made a pot of coffee and went out to the coop. I got it all squared away.
109757.jpg According to the weather guy
Tomorrow we will really start to warm up with sunshine and highs in the upper-90s. Tomorrow will be the hottest June day ever in Seattle, but that record won’t last long. The strong area of high pressure will stick around on Sunday and Monday as well. We should feel some cooler ocean air at the coast on Monday, but inland we will not. Highs on Sunday will be around 103 degrees and 104 degrees on Monday.
The highs I mentioned are only for Seattle. Areas south of the city will be anywhere from 103-110 degrees on Sunday and Monday.

Be careful what you ask for, right? hahahahahahaha

Just think ......5 months until Thanksgiving
Happy-Friday-V20.0-Link-Up.jpg

Last edited:
Well in our 9 years the temp here it has never been this high
in the kitchen - 80 On the porch - 90 in the coop- 98
IMG_1117.JPG IMG_1116.JPG IMG_1115.JPG

I have a fan going in the coop and I am keeping a close eye on the chicks

IMG_1114.JPG they are hanging in there,
IMG_1113.JPG
IMG_1110.JPG
I gave the hens a hiney wash, that cooled them down a bit

IMG_1112.JPG
IMG_1111.JPG
IMG_1109.JPG

I got up at 3:45, My bones were hurt'n, made a pot of coffee and went out to the coop. I got it all squared away.
109757.jpg According to KIRO 7
Tomorrow we will really start to warm up with sunshine and highs in the upper-90s. Tomorrow will be the hottest June day ever in Seattle, but that record won’t last long. The strong area of high pressure will stick around on Sunday and Monday as well. We should feel some cooler ocean air at the coast on Monday, but inland we will not. Highs on Sunday will be around 103 degrees and 104 degrees on Monday.
The highs I mentioned are only for Seattle. Areas south of the city will be anywhere from 103-110 degrees on Sunday and Monday.

But here on the porch we will be about like this
4.JPG

Be careful what you ask for, right? hahahahahahaha

Just think ......5 months until Thanksgiving
Happy-Friday-V20.0-Link-Up.jpg
That is even HOT for us!! And man, time does fly 😄😳

Well it is midnight and 70 out,
what a hot afternoon up to 8pm it was
I am never up this late but I wanted to get the dishes done, trash out.

cd147a61c5f8b4dfb4fa6ef6e66abeeb.jpg

Good morning, I hope youR coffee is good,

5:30am and all is well - Bob Rooster in flight to the outdoor roost, 7week old brown leghorns up on the outdoor roost,
IMG_1118.JPG

98 at 4:30 in the coop yesterday and it moved up to 101 by 6pm
I have a fan going, but I had to keep hearding the chicks out of the coop where it was a tad bit cooler, under 100

IMG_1114.JPG

I'll mix up fresh Rooster Booster Electrolytes for them

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom