Leghorn not laying

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by nstilwater, Nov 15, 2011.

1. nstilwater

nstilwater Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2011
    ok so im pretty sure i know the answer to this but im still gonna ask. I have a seven month old Leghorn hen. it is deffinatly a hen....she was housed with my other chickens.......two seven month old roosters and one seven month old RIR hen. also in with ten five month old RIR mix cockerels who have since mostly been eaten. The leghorn still has not layed any eggs. the RIR has been laying for 2 1/2 months everyday i have even hatched some in the incubator. The leghorn was the bottom chicken in the flock and was picked on by the others until bloody on a couple occasions. she is now living with my ducks and goat by her own choice .........she escaped and decided to sleep with the goat all snuggled up and graze with the ducks during the day............is she not laying due to stress of being picked on or is she just not ready yet she hasnt molted yet this fall and is much happier now with the goat

2. cielo

cielo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    Mattawa, Washington
    Hmmm... That's interesting. Poor chicken. I'd imagine she isn't laying due to stress and weather. That would be my guess. I'd imagine after a bit of settling into her new living arrangement and maybe the return of warmer weather she'll begin laying up a storm. Late bloomer! Glad she's happy now.
    -Cielo

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by