Leghorn Roosters

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by jaketheeggman, Dec 4, 2010.

1. jaketheeggman

jaketheeggman Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2010
    Green Bay WI
    Looking for Leghorn Roosters

Proud owner of 5 Leghorns, 5 Rode Island Reds, 3 silikes

2. Echoinghills

Echoinghills Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    NE OHIO
    What color leghorn roos are you looking for? I may have brown leghorns available soon. [​IMG]

3. jaketheeggman

Dec 4, 2010
    Green Bay WI
    The reason i need a leghorn rooster is because i would like to hatch baby chicks. I have 5 white leghorn hens. Since i am new to chickens i am not sure if you can breed a white leghorn hen with a brown leghorn rooster and get a normal baby chick.

Any help would be appropriated

Jake

4. speedy2020

speedy2020 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2010
    Just keep in mind....the leghorn rooster is very skittish and noisy.

5. jaketheeggman

Dec 4, 2010
    Green Bay WI
    But really what my question is can you breed a white leghorn with a brown leghorn and still get a good egg laying bird.

6. PoultryPeeps

PoultryPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2009
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Leghorn to Leghorn will give you Leghorn. If it doesn't matter to you what color the birds are, they should still be great egg-layers!

7. jaketheeggman

Dec 4, 2010
    Green Bay WI
    Would anyone be able to ship on to me?

8. GothChick

GothChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Are you only looking for Leghorns? I have 2 beautiful Easter Egger Roosters that need a new home because we don't need them. One is the typical Black and white white the shiny purple tail feathers and the other is the prettiest roo I have ever seen. He is red, and blue mainly but also has some cream and barring. He is really neat looking. They would probably make some neat chicks. I would be willing to give you one or both of the roos if you would be willing to give me some of the eggs they father in the future so I could try hatching them. I always thought it would be neat to mix leghorns with EE because you would have a laying machine with the chance of blue or green eggs! Just let me know.

9. BlackBrookPoultry

BlackBrookPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Western Wisconsin
    Oh shoot! I had 2 exchequer leghorns to get rid of. I gave one away and I sold the other one last week!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by