Leghorn v.s welsummers

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Leah567, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Leah567

Leah567 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 3, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    Lets play a chicken breed game, Which ever breed gets the most votes out of 15 wins! Lets do leghorns and welsummers!

2. AUChickenGal

AUChickenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2016
    AL
    I haven't had any Leghorns, but I just got rid of my last (of three) Welsummer from my fall 2016 chick order because she was incredibly aggressive and difficult to deal with.

3. 10 acre woods

10 acre woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2017
    I had a flock of Rose combed Brown Leghorns for about three years, about ten years ago. Great egg production, good foragers and very attractive birds. They were more flighty than I liked.Especially around someone new. I have had a flock of Welsummers for the past five years. They are just as attractive as the Leghorns. They are very calm. I have not experienced the aggresive behavior that many say they have with mine. Except for one rooster. He got culled! Mine do not bicker with each other any worse than any of the other breeds I have kept. They get along in my free range mixed flock as well. They don't pick on my young chickens either. They also have a carcass worth the effort to dress out. Hence the aggresive rooster! I vote for Welsummers.

4. Leah567

Leah567 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 3, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    I vote welsummer

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by