1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Leghorns AND The Golden Girls..Thank you for being a chicken!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by redrstr29, Mar 22, 2013.

1. redrstr29

redrstr29 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    Hey ya'll!!!

Went to the feed store today to pick up my 4 golden sex link pullets (17 weeks) and Guess what I bought 2 leghorn pullets also!! Very eggcited!! The golden girls came with the tips of their beaks cut off...(none like the horror stories I heard or seen) I guess they do it with out asking, But for some reason not the leghorns, And I have to say they are in great condition, Who ever the store bought these pullets from I have to give them praise, they are so quite and docile, even the leghorns and weigh a good weight already, Although I like mine a little more plump I think they are still a few weeks away from laying though, they just look juvi too me I never had leghorns, they are so petite!! Im so happy I cant wait for eggs, right now they are in close quarters for a few days until I finish their apartment and then they can move in!!, they are all eating and drinking, Once I figure out how to post pics I will!! The leghorns look a little dusky(not used to white chickens, they dirty fast!!) but all are lookin good ...clean vents and all have clean fuzzy butts ....and combs look lightist to reddish pink and red waddles!! SOOO much better than waiting for chicks, once these are established then maybe ill get hatching fever! They wwere fed pelllets and crumbles so thats already done!! Any advice EGGPERTS???

Aldo

2. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    congratulation on the best chicken egg layers the world has seen.. if you expect to hatch from them, get yourself a broody or an incubator

3. redrstr29

redrstr29 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    Thank you!! Well Im almost done with the coop 10 hours today workin on it......Only problem is I went too big!! on the up side,.... I COULD ALWAYS ADD MORE ,,,.....now I know what they mean by addictive personality

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by