Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I just got some new chicks, and to fill up the box I ordered the assorted chicks. I got 2 Nelson Exchequer Leghorns, the cutest ones in the box! They are the only yellow chicks, maybe that's why. They have just a couple of black specks right now, but are supposed to be pretty black and white spotted. The first photo is yesterday, right after they got here, the next is what a mess they made in only one day! The last photo is one of my brown Leghorns, just because! She is a great bug and lizard hunter.
Oh Wow, How fun is that! thats like?? 20 chicks, the Nelson Exchequer Leghorns, I never heard of them, I looked them up, wow, they are going to be so pretty!

Oh Wow, How fun is that! thats like?? 20 chicks, the Nelson Exchequer Leghorns, I never heard of them, I looked them up, wow, they are going to be so pretty!
I know, they were part of the "Breeder's Choice" box fillers, but what cool birds! I hope one is a pullet! There were 28 in the box, I ordered 25.

My current flock last year
IMG_1253.JPG

@sourland @BY Bob OH my goodness this is a great idea!!! I am going to do this!!!View attachment 2663363
put the brooder in the EX-LG dog crate!!
I use a plastic dog crate when they are tiny. I put an old towel down for the first day or 2, then bedding like shavings or potting soil. I have a ceramic heater hanging down so I can adjust the heat. They are out in my "She Shed" and they are plenty warm. I have an old fashioned brooder thermometer under the heater.

Attachments

• IMG_6132.JPG
    IMG_6132.JPG
    459.8 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom