Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
It's just a bad picture hers is red. She's very healthy and a bit coo coo had to remove Styrofoam blocks I had for a project I was working on because she liked to snack on it!! :eek:
Yes, she looks like a leghorn. Her comb tells me she needs more water. It should be redder, and fuller.

View attachment 2666859
If she is a rescue she may not have had a good diet. Do you have and electrolytes? / chick quick start?

View attachment 2666860
She was not well fed or cared for when she arrived. I would not have picked a leghorn due to serious hawk issues and habitat destruction from rapid growth in area. My property backs up to swamp Forrest and the hawks can spot her a mile away. I had one so bold three weeks ago it came so close to my flock I squirted it with water hose! I have saved 3 big RR in my flock while attacked and not in time for my sweet angel OESD before the hawk ripped her head off 😞. The white is like dinner bells!

She was not well fed or cared for when she arrived. I would not have picked a leghorn due to serious hawk issues and habitat destruction from rapid growth in area. My property backs up to swamp Forrest and the hawks can spot her a mile away. I had one so bold three weeks ago it came so close to my flock I squirted it with water hose! I have saved 3 big RR in my flock while attacked and not in time for my sweet angel OESD before the hawk ripped her head off 😞. The white is like dinner bells!
This is why I like my brown leg horn so much!

And that is why my coop and run are like Fort Knox- Bob Cats, Mountain Lion, Coyotes, Hawks, Owls, Eagles...... IMG_0071.JPG
I did have a Coopers Hawk get in ( I spent the last hour trying to find a pic of the run and the spot the hawk got in and I cant find it)
ANYWAY! it killed one of my first leghorn flock, there was 6 of them, then #5 died I dont know why, then I had 4 when I got 4 more current flock - one stopped eating and drinking, and I dont remember what happened to the other 2 but I still have one from the first flock she is 2--Hahahahaha sorry for the ramble Lolololololo

@GrandmaDeKorte i had to share this pic with you! We’ve chatted about leghorns on one of your other threads but I forgot to share this with you! Leghorns are the best. And the easiest of all my chickens to pick up and love on 🥰

Ps - this particular one was dirty from playing in the mud after a recent rainstorm ☺️

Attachments

• 4ED1A385-1D72-42BD-A772-372F7E11F181.jpeg
    4ED1A385-1D72-42BD-A772-372F7E11F181.jpeg
    404.2 KB · Views: 7
  • EE1E209A-B033-40E0-97D7-E134537B1675.jpeg
    EE1E209A-B033-40E0-97D7-E134537B1675.jpeg
    398.5 KB · Views: 7
@GrandmaDeKorte i had to share this pic with you! We’ve chatted about leghorns on one of your other threads but I forgot to share this with you! Leghorns are the best. And the easiest of all my chickens to pick up and love on 🥰

Ps - this particular one was dirty from playing in the mud after a recent rainstorm ☺️
Oh how sweet a photo this is!!! XXXOOO that baby is precious!!! and your (mud hen) Leghorn is a good sized one, is it a rooster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom