Leghorns not growing?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Boss8, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Boss8

Boss8 In the Brooder

Jun 7, 2017
    i introduced 2 new, approx 14 wk.old, white leghorn's last month to my 26 wk. old ISA Browns...the Browns are still going after the leghorns, the leghorn's don't look like they have grown any in a month...I'm trying to feed the leghorn's separately .... Any ideas of what to do? The only time they don't bother the leghorn's is when I let them out to free range...I know they have their pecking order but I thought by now they wouldn't be so aggressive!!! Help! Thanks!

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. .....

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Leghorns are a slight breed, so this may be contributing to the perception of non growth, especially in a flock with larger and older birds. How many feed and water stations do you have?

3. Boss8

Boss8 In the Brooder

Jun 7, 2017
    Two one for the leghorn's and one for the Browns...over the past two days they are finally warming up to me...very flighty birds! Shouldn't they be getting along better by now...when they go in the coop the Browns don't let them on the roost ... They spend the night in one of the nest boxes together

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: