LEMME SEE Your "Juveniles!"

Rare Feathers Farm

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
Pleasant Valley, (Okanogan) WA
My Coop
As I was searching for some "good" pictures of my coop, I came across this picture, taken last July of my Golden Laced Cochin (he's a standard).

I kind of thought he was cute (in a weird way) in this picture, in a pretty awkward stage of his life.

Anyway, here he is:

Portia

Songster
11 Years
Feb 29, 2008
South Central PA
At what age do you consider them 'juveniles'? For mine, the most awkward stage was between 3 & 4 weeks when they were half feathers and half down. Now they look like mini-chickens, being that they are all standard/heavy breeds.

Cetawin

Chicken Beader
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
NW Kentucky
Pics of human or chicken juveniles? I have only baby chicks right now but I do have human juveniles...

douglasobsharsky

Hatching
11 Years
Mar 11, 2008
I Have 26 all together. I got them March 31st from MM all came in great health and have stayed that way!!! they are 6 days old now.

This is the first morning. I was so excited!!

12 Black Star 13 Red Star and 1 odd ball

this is the odd ball ( 2 days old ) I don't know what it is?? any body have an idea??

Our 3 Legged ( Pitter Pat ) cat likes the chickens too

We took them outside for a bit on the 5th day. here in Virginia 75 degree day. They loved it

They are 6 days old now i hope they don't out grow the brooder box too quick. one of the girls showing off her new wing feathers.

they love to perch now that they have a little bit of balance

Cetawin

Chicken Beader
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
NW Kentucky
Okay here are the girls in that fuzz to feather look...18 days old

Ameraucana, Sandy...

Lilly, Light Brahma

Molly, Australorp

Maggie, New Hampshire Red with Lilly trying to get to the top of the brooder in the background

Speckles, SLW and Molly beside her, Australorp

They are all fuzzy/feather combos right now.

FlightsofFancy

Songster
12 Years
Jan 22, 2008
Canton, GA
Here is my Blue Ameraucana chick. He can't seem to stand up straight...he MUST pose.

Bantam Cochin juvi. Too sweet!

Last edited:

KB3GZW

In the Brooder
11 Years
Feb 24, 2008
Lehigh County, Pa
Quote:This reminds me of those cell phone commercials where everything looks like bars of a cell phone signal. Great!

Last edited:

Top Bottom