Lemon a Very Special Little Hen (Silkie cross breed)

I love the look in the first photo. Nice soft eye. Not a care in the world!

Shes pretty. I like the little black spost on her, and her big brown eyes. I love brown eyes
love.gif

Thank you for your story & gorgeous photos of Lemon! Her mama must have been so proud of her as well! She looks very happy in her natural settings.
I also have a (partridge) silkie x quail D'anver pullet who is 12 weeks old and looks just like Lemon, so far. Her name is Goldfinch and her mom is Copper.
Copper is my avatar mama.
I was happy to see a grown-up version of Goldfinch.

My new BYC quote is going to be what my seven year old said today, "mutts are like snowflakes: every one different from the rest and every one perfect".
And Lemon is perfect!

Last edited:
I wanted to add, I looked at those photos again. It's a shame Lemon has never been featured as one of the photos of the month. Those shots are clear and obviously gorgeous. She could even make the calendar next year. Especiallly because of her special story. Remember... like snowflakes
smile.png

Quote:
Thank you, Banty! I really love photography. I will try to get her picture as POW (picture of the week). Lots of people are trying to submit their's, so it's kind of hard.

They really are like snow flakes! They all have their own color pattern.

Back
Top Bottom