Lemon Black (LF) Giant Cochin Hatching Eggs 6+

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Kiowacole, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Kiowacole

Kiowacole Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2010
    South Carolina
    Up fpr auction is 6+ Lemon Black Giant Cochin hatching eggs (LF). These are beautiful birds. In the breeding pen I also have a Splash hen & a Blue hen. I've had great fertility & hatch rate here at the farm but I can't guarentee them once I've shipped the eggs due to shipping & method of incubation. Visit my BYC page to see some of the chicks from this years hatch from my Cochins.
    Thank you for looking & Happy Bidding!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Wouldn't you call that a Gold Birchen color?

3. Kiowacole

Feb 25, 2010
    South Carolina
    You sure can. The roo looks more of the Gold Birchen & the hen looks more like a Lemon Black.

4. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Are these your own cross? I have a little Gold Birchen Game pullet who is marked exactly like the hen in the first picture.
    Just curious on the color cross since I may want to try getting some eventually with the color I see on your roo. I have been looking at the desirable colors for fly tying. and the gold birchen is used for badger flies.

Hey, if I am going to have lots of boys from hatching, why not make some added value dollars from them, right?

5. Kiowacole

Feb 25, 2010
    South Carolina
    Some of them are. The Lemon Black or Gold Birchen actually came from a Lemon Blue cross of another color but with purebred Cochins. These are all purebreds & only the colors have been mixed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by