Lemon Blue coloring???

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by steffpeck, Oct 11, 2008.

1. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    What colors do you cross to get lemon blue coloring?? Thanks for the help!

Steff

2. mastiffsinky

mastiffsinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Bremen, Ky
    a lemon blue is a brown red with the blue gene. The best way to go about making them, is to breed a brown red to blues and take blue offspring and breed them back to a brown red again, in which you will produce the lemon blue.

Katie

3. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Would someone post a photo of a blue/yellow please?

4. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
  5. birdnutz

birdnutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    wyoming
    Not a great pic, but this is the color I have that is a blue silkie/Millie Fluer D'Uccle. To get the color in pure silkie would it be a blue/buff cross?
    [​IMG]

6. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    I went and looked at that website. The birds did not look blue and lemon, more blue/orange to blue/red.

7. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Steff, I was researching this very question tonight because I have a buff ameraucana that I wondered if it would create a lemon blue and found this thread. ....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=73863

[​IMG] Here's your answer from the genetic guru. And I've got Copper Black Marans (carries birchen gene?) Brabanters (cream gene)and blue and wheaten Ameraucanas and a brown red EE, so I am going to try this![​IMG]

I love lemon blue too. But I couldn't find one of the few pictures I have seen of it.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by