Lemon Blue d'Uccle/Sultan

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by kawaii, Nov 11, 2009.

1. kawaii

kawaii Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2008
    Leon County, FL
    I'm wondering how I ended up with a lemon blue color in this roo (no crowing, yet, pretty sure it's a roo) that hatched from a d'Uccle egg in July. I had one white Sultan bantam roo, and the d'Uccle hens I have are porcelain, white, and mille fleur. Which hen could it have been?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This is lemon blue, right? It's definitely not black...it's darker than my blue Polish, and it almost looks like it has a brownish-red undercoat to its feathers, if that makes any sense. Whatever it is, I love it and he's a keeper!

2. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    WOW! He is pretty! Ya need to put some test eggs in the bator and see if you end up with more. You could of made a new color of D'uccles!

Looks like he has a little of the fluffy from the sultan on his head.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  3. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    It may have been the Mille Fleur, I see mottling in his shoulders. Or the porcelain, I guess... What kind of white do Sultans have? Some could've been hiding under it.

ETA: Duh.. they have recessive white or else this beautiful boy would've been white [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  4. kawaii

kawaii Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2008
    Leon County, FL
    Quote:That's why I'd like to figure out which hen is its momma! I'd love to get more of this color.

5. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by