lemon blue frizzle -- cockerel 1

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by xyresicchick, Jun 30, 2011.

1. xyresicchick

xyresicchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Providence, RI
    This listing is for a lemon blue frizzle cockerel. age 2 months old. Bidding starts at 7.00, and will end on July 7th, going out of the post office on Monday, July 11th.

He will be washed and treated for bugs before the trip, and travel with veggies and a slice of watermelon to keep him hydrated on the journey.

If you are somewhat local and want to fore-go shipping to pick him up you may do that instead anytime on or after Monday, July 11th.

Payment is due within 24 hrs of winning auction.

This boy is from lemon blue rooster and one of the frizzle hens photographed below

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is the boy on auction. the parents above are not included:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  2. jujubee

jujubee Feather Hill Farm

Mar 3, 2011
    I would need to breed him with a smooth hen to get more frizzles right? What color of hen would be best and would it need to be a lemon blue hen also to get more lemon blues?

3. xyresicchick

xyresicchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Providence, RI
    Yes you would need a smooth hen. If you breed a frizzle to a frizzle the babies can end up with messed up feathers because the gene for frizzle feathers is a gene that makes the feathers slightly brittle. and with two doses of the brittle gene, it makes the feathers too brittle and they can break easily or grow in patchy and end up with a really ugly looking bird.

If you could breed frizzle to frizzle, I would be keeping these boys for sure. But I only have room for one pen, so I only keep females that are frizzles.

For a lemon blue roo, to get more lemon blues, I would use a brown red or lemon blue pullet.

I have a few smooth feathered lemon blue pullets (same age as the cockerels) to sell, but would only sell to someone who takes a cockerel. If you are interested in a smooth feather lemon blue pullet, and win an auction, I can also toss in a pullet for an additional +15$ to the end of auction price + shipping price.

for instance, if you win @ the 7.00 start price:

it's 7.00 for cockerel price
    then 55.00 shipping price
    plus another 15.00 for a pullet if you are interested in one

= total of 77.00. this is only, of course if you win at the 7.00 start price.

I can get photos of the pullets later today and post them by tomorrow, if you are interested in seeing them.

Thanks

-April

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  4. pgross8245

pgross8245 New Egg

Apr 1, 2011
    What an interesting color, I love it. Good luck.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by