Lemon Blue Orpingtons?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by namastemama, May 26, 2011.

1. namastemama

namastemama Chillin' With My Peeps

dose anyone have chicks for sale?

2. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Quote:I dont believe they exist, and am almost positive there arent any in the US.

3. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    If they claim they have Lemon Blue Orps then they probably just crossed a Blue and Buff together to say that they have Lemon Blue Orps.

I wouldnt waste my time on finding actual Lemon Blue Orps since the Lemon blue color is still rare and is still a project.

4. namastemama

namastemama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Thanks for educating me on that. I suppose I should just get some buff and blue orpingtons?

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  5. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:Yes, but if you are aiming at makeing the actual Lemon Blue color it will take a bunch of generations. I would go and post a thread on the "Breeds, Genetics, & Showing" topic and ask about the Lemon Blue color. Experienced breeders will tell you more! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2011
  6. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    I have been working on Lemon Blue Orpingtons for a few years. They do not breed true at this time. I have hatched dozens of eggs and not many Lemon Blue chicks. I have gotten some other very interesting colors that I didn't expect.

Here's one of the roosters

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by