1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lemon Blue Standard Cochin Hatching Eggs-CA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by wwmicasa1, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wwmicasa1

wwmicasa1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2008
    Wingshadows Hacienda
    My Lemon Blue Cochin project produced a March 30th hatch of 15 chicks- 6 Buff, 6 Blue & 3 Black. I had 100% fertility on 18 eggs with 15 coming to term.

Chicks change dramatically as they mature so my hope is that 50% of the chicks will be Lemon Blue. The only chick I hatched from this mating last fall is a pullet with the perfect Lemon Blue coloring. She is the twin of her mother, Elizabeth.

Here are pics of my Lemon Blue flock.

[​IMG]
    Victoria Nov 08 hatch

[​IMG]
    Another view of Victoria

[​IMG]
    Lemon Boy, the Baby Daddy

[​IMG]
    Elizabeth, the Baby Mommy

[​IMG]
    Silver, 2nd in command

Hatching eggs are $25 for 1/2 doz. Shipping is included. I use USPS Priority mail with delivery confirmation. I take PayPal at [email protected]

Please understand that this is a "project" & that not all chicks will be the desired Lemon Blue. Don't hesitate to contact me for any additional questions or pics.

Thank you.

2. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    they are just beautiful what do you think about the chances of them making it to mi if I ordered some from you?

3. wwmicasa1

Nov 22, 2008
    Wingshadows Hacienda
    Quote:I don't think there would be any problem with shipping. I just sent some to New Mexico yesterday. I have had good luck with people ordering hatching eggs from me of other varieties.

Let me know if I can help you.

4. marymac

marymac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    What are the chance of getting that beautiful lemon and blue coloring? If I ordered 6 eggs does that mean they could be buff, blue or black? Do you include any extras?

5. wwmicasa1

Nov 22, 2008
    Wingshadows Hacienda
    Quote:If you look at the pic of the chick, you will see that it started out Buff/Blond. As it matured ( 1 week in the 2 pics) it started to get the blue feathering on it's wings.

I can post pics tomorrow of the chicks that hatched yesterday. You will be able to see that at least 50% of them have the potential to be Lemon Blue.

6. marymac

marymac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    That would be great. I'd love to see more pictures of this breed. Are they really rare, as I haven't seen or heard of these very much, but then I'm kinda new to chickens. Right now I have a broody sitting on 6 eggs, but I would love to try these. Will you be selling them in the next few weeks if I can't figure something out sooner, as I don't have a bator?

7. spydertoys

spydertoys Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Munfordville, Kentucky
    I'll take a dozen please..sending you a PM.

8. wwmicasa1

Nov 22, 2008
    Wingshadows Hacienda
    Quote:I just PM'd you....

9. wwmicasa1

Nov 22, 2008
    Wingshadows Hacienda
    Quote:Lemon Blue is a color I have been working on...I wouldn't say they are "rare" but there are not too many out there.

Yes, I will be selling them until the girls decide that it's time to go broody. I'll post pics of the chicks tomorrow.

10. spydertoys

spydertoys Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Munfordville, Kentucky
    Payment sent..I hope to get a few of the lemon blue (they are gorgeous!!) ..but the other color possibilities will be a welcome addition also. This will also give me the opportunity to add some new lines to my Cochins.

Thanks!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by