Lemon Chiffon Cake

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by vfem, Jan 22, 2010.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
  2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'm a sucker for anything lemon.

3. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Me too... and I poured blueberry sauce over this cake! It was to die for!!!

I got pictures I will post later when the little one goes to bed.

4. tinychicken

tinychicken Out Of The Brooder

Jan 15, 2007
    I'm a Pennsylvania native and got a recipe from my mom for a lemon sponge pie. Did a Google search and apparently it's a Pennsylvania Dutch recipe and not well known outside of PA (at least that's what I read on line). As the pie bakes, a cake-like layer will form on top of a creamy lemon filling. If you like lemon, this is a pie for you!

I got this recipe from Recipesource (I think). I actually like it better than my Mom's. It has twice the lemon and half the sugar of hers.

1/2 cup sugar
    2 T. flour (According to my Mom's recipe, you can use anywhere from 2 to 5 T. of flour. The more flour, the thicker the cake topping.)
    2 lemons, juiced and rinds grated
    2 egg yolks, beaten
    1 T. melted or very soft butter
    1/4 t. salt
    1 cup milk
    2 egg whites
    1 pie shell (8 or 9 inches)

Mix flour and sugar. Add lemon juice and grated rind, yolks, salt, and butter. Add milk.

In separate bowl beat egg whites until firm and then fold into batter. Pour in crust and bake at 400 for 10 minutes. Reduce temp to 350 and bake for 30 minutes or until pie springs back from light touch.

5. JanieMarie

JanieMarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Georgetown, Minnesota
    Quote:You and me both Katy! Any lemon recipe always catches my eye and usually gets tested! Can't wait!

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:You and me both Katy! Any lemon recipe always catches my eye and usually gets tested! Can't wait!

Another thing besides our BLRW that we have in common!! [​IMG]

7. babettenj

babettenj Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2009
  8. CedarRidgeChicks

CedarRidgeChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Adair Co.Ky
    [​IMG]..on almost anything lemon..I really like Lemon Sponge Cake and Lemon meringue (sp?) pie! and lemon cookies and lemon drop candy...did I mention I love anything lemon!!!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by