Lemon Cuckoo Orpington Auction!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Redcatcher, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Redcatcher

Redcatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    At My Desk!
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  2. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
    Wow [​IMG]
    Who is this breeder? They have quite a line of rarities going.

3. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    I wounder how many people use that picture..
    If you go to Green Fire Farms 5th picture down is the same picture. (The seller on E-bay is out of Tennessee and Green Fire Farms is out of Florida)....... [​IMG]
    http://www.greenfirefarms.com/store/new-arrivals

Chris

4. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    I noticed that too, I do know though that this seller on ebay only has a pair of them and they were imported somehow by their friend who goes abroad to the UK. I would like to see pics of their actually birds if that is not them, but like I said, that person told me they only have a pair and there are multiple birds in those pictures.

5. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Quote:is this the auction where they say in huge bold print that they have obtained them legally? Yet they aren't using their own photo?
    that's a big risk for $300

6. justuschickens59

justuschickens59 VA Royal Blues

Apr 2, 2009
    Virginia
    I figure that the photo was of the stock from where they got their eggs/birds from and probably have permission to use it. Still would like to see photos of the actual birds.

7. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    It was photos of their actuall birds is what I was told. They are very legal.

8. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:The picture that Green Fire uses for there Pumpkin Hulsey has been used by a couple different seller also.
    But I know before I spend 300.00 dollars on 6 eggs I'm going to see the other pictures and then Ill go pick the eggs up so that I can see the breeders in person.. But that is just me... [​IMG]

Chris

9. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:The picture that Green Fire uses for there Pumpkin Hulsey has been used by a couple different seller also.
    But I know before I spend 300.00 dollars on 6 eggs I'm going to see the other pictures and then Ill go pick the eggs up so that I can see the breeders in person.. But that is just me... [​IMG]

Chris

True True very True. Its like alot of big time breeders that cant seem to provide pictures of their birds, I dont care how much a reputation a breeder has, I'm not going to buy unless they can provide several pictures of their birds so I can see the quality that the eggs are coming from.

10. justuschickens59

justuschickens59 VA Royal Blues

Apr 2, 2009
    Virginia
    I went and checked out the photo of what birds I thought it was, and it is not the same picture. So, it probably is their birds. They sure are beauties !!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by