1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Lemon Cuckoo Orpington, what sex?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by AlisonDS, Sep 10, 2012.

1. AlisonDS

AlisonDS In the Brooder

Sep 10, 2012
    Hopefully my last for today! This is Saffy, she's approximately 16-18 weeks. Twice now I've caught her humping another chicken. Just want to be sure ... She was the smallest kid I had. I have female dogs that'll "hump" given the chance so I wasn't sure if this was true in the chicken world as well. I really hope this is the case, I'm so attached to this little one! And I'm not sure I can take it after finding out my RIR's are all boys, hah.

[​IMG]

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Orps sometimes throw me for a loop but at this age I'd sure think there'd be a lot more roo characteristics. I'm saying pullet so far......can you get a profile shot?

3. AlisonDS

AlisonDS In the Brooder

Sep 10, 2012
    Surely

[​IMG]

4. AlisonDS

AlisonDS In the Brooder

Sep 10, 2012
    Ack, not sure why it's sideways :(

5. hdowden

hdowden Crowing

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    with those pics i cant tell if the cockerel saddles and hackles are forming and as right now from what i can see that is a pullet

6. AlisonDS

AlisonDS In the Brooder

Sep 10, 2012
    I'll try to get better pics. Is the "humping" unusual? She'll jump on Prudence's back and it looks like a humping thing. None of my RIR's have ever seemed to hump on anyone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by