Leopard Gecko *pictures*

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by PotterWatch, Jan 6, 2011.

1. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    We may be getting a leopard gecko. A friend of ours had a friend who is looking to rehome theirs. I talked to the lady a little earlier and she is going to make sure her son really doesn't want to keep it any longer and if so, we will go look at it in a hour or so. I have had snakes and newts before, but never a gecko. We have a 10gal fish tank that is cleaned out and available if we do bring this gecko home, plus the lady is going to give us the heat pad and some other things they have for the gecko. I have done some research online and went and talked to a guy at a local reptile shop, but I'm always on the hunt for more info (I am an obsessive researcher, I usually research things to death before moving forward with them). So what things do you think I should know before getting a creature such as this?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  2. PotterWatch

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Well we got the gecko! The lady ended up deciding she didn't want to keep the tank or anything so we got it all. It is a big, healthy looking fellow and we are thrilled with him. I will be buying a couple more things tonight and tomorrow but it doesn't need much. I'll post pictures as soon as I get a couple decent ones.

3. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

Dont know much about them but cant wait to see pics [​IMG]

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I had to google what they looked like. Pretty with bizarre eyes. Very Cool!

Imp

5. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

They are the easiest critter you will ever raise. Seldom bite and don't climb glass like most geckos. Eat crickets, meal worms and other small insects. They are desert lizards, so be sure they don't get chilled, give them a place to hide and keep a small shallow water container in the tank. We use sand in our's and have a little log thingy and a few silk desert looking plants.

6. heathersboers

heathersboers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    I have one that is 14 years old. He takes care of himself- I keep him water and crickets and he is fine. No heat rock or anything... best criiter in the world!!!

7. PotterWatch

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I got a couple pictures of the little guy this morning. He is really cool! His name is Squirt, he's about 7in long and is 5yrs old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by