Leslie In north pole....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by KKluckers, Jan 26, 2008.

1. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Did you still want the parts list for the Sportsman? I just finished mine and it works like a charm.

2. Leslie In North Pole

Leslie In North Pole Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2007
    North Pole, AK
    Yes, please. That would be great and with some of the other Intel others have gathered for me, will really help me get this baby going... I can almost hear the cheeping now.

3. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Okay here is the incubator I started with:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here is what I have now:
    [​IMG]
    I didnt replace everything, but I did replace the fan and cam.
    Cam/ with swing arm-3028
    Fan w/blade and bracket-3012
    Front support bar-3043 you need three
    back support bar-3042
    connecting bar-3041
    tray rack 24.5"L-3069 you need three
    set tray 24.5x12.75-3067 you need three
    That is all I had to buy to convert mine from emu to sportsman. At least the info is here if anyone needs it in the future. It took me forever to find everything and GQF told me "it is impossible to convert" Anyways, I ended up getting the egg trays from cutlers supply. They were super nice and really willing to help and even save me money on shipping, which of course is a bonus. [​IMG] I want to see pictures when you are done with yours. Im super proud of myself for doing it with minimal help from the husband. He doesn't like the idea I can hatch out more that 50 birds now. [​IMG]

Edited to add: I kept the hatcher for the emus to make pedigree boxes for different bloodlines so that is why I don't have the third rack.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2008
  4. TerrasCritters

TerrasCritters In a new coop

Oct 24, 2007
    BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by