Less Expensive Incubator Wanted

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by MagsC, Jul 27, 2008.

1. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Sigh. I am looking for ONE less expensive incubator. It could be used and doesnt have to look pretty as long as it WORKS.
    I am really wanting to hatch out some eggs in hopes of starting a laying flock (as pets also). The whole "trying to be self suffient" thing for our small family of two.

2. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Why not build your own?

3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

check the shipping costs before you buy it though. With the price they are asking, plus shipping charges, you could probably go down to your local feed store and get a BRAND NEW Little Giant for cheaper. They are only about $40...

4. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Hi, I appreciate the replies.
    Are there any links to making an incubator????
    As far as local feed store, I think ours will order chicks for you but not sure about incubators. I can check though.

5. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Most established, and well stocked feed stores will carry them.... Unless your feed store is "Bubba's Barn", they'll probably have it.

6. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    LOL! "Bubba's Barn" sounds about right.[​IMG] But I will ask anyway, cant hurt.

7. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    I made this one from a discarded 48 qt cooler, a light fixture, water heater thermostat and computer fan.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I've hatched in it 3 times, and have eggs in it right now.

8. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    WOW! You are WAY more handy than I am. Even given specific instructions I am quite "challenged" in that kind of thing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by