Less than a week to go!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by IcarusSomnio, Sep 20, 2010.

1. IcarusSomnio

IcarusSomnio Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    Vernon County, MO
    I have a black Dutch doe bred to a blue Dutch buck due on the 26th of this month. Checked her belly today and she's definitely going to pop soon! Squee!

I'm uber stoked about this litter. I have two of her daughters and their just beautiful little Dutches. Great personalities too, I spend at least ten minuets a day just snuggling them and telling them how darned cute they are [​IMG]

And that Dutch with the messed leg? (doing great, btw) HE turned six in a half months old. I was checking his leg and found a pair of 'definite boy parts', so he got moved away from the does just to be safe. Looks like I have a new herdsire in the house, the other blue is nice, but isn't AS nice as this one. I'll be selling the other blue and keeping this guy. If he had a better personality, he'd be ideal. But noooo...he has to be a antisocial little nit [​IMG]

The doe is bred to the other buck (whom I'll be selling this weekend). I kept them exclusively together and was almost over-the-wall about keeping the little blue away (thinking it was a doe). He wasn't mature before now, so thats also a plus. She's really got a nice personality and their faults and positives compliment each other. I'll have to weigh him before he goes, I did when I first got him but want to update it it anyways, just in case.

These guys will be foundation Dutches. My ultimate goal is five-generation pedigree'd, registered, and shown. Obviously a long ways down the line, but a reasonable goal nonetheless.

2. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk

Apr 14, 2009
    Quote:You'll have to post pictures when they get here!!! I'd love to see your adults, too! Dutches are just gorgeous. [​IMG]

3. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    I love bunnies! Congratulations! [​IMG] [​IMG] We have one Dutch doe, 2 Holland lops (1 doe, 1 buck), and a cutie Netherland Dwarf buck. We have them all separated, but would like to breed the Holland lops someday...they are the sweetest! Post pics!

4. IcarusSomnio

IcarusSomnio Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    Vernon County, MO
    Well, the blue buck is already sold [​IMG] A rabbit friend of mine called to see if I had anything available, I said yup, I gotta blue buck for $15. He came and picked him up, he loves him some Dutches [​IMG]

I'm hoping my little special needs and tort bunnies aren't pregnant since the hurt-leg buck was in with them >.> We'll just have to see, if nothing else, they'll make for some tasty chicken snacks (humanely put down with gas, mind you) IF I really can't find anyone who wants them. I should be able to, I know several people who keep pet bunnies and have some whatever-breed meat bunnies. I'm usually pretty lucky when it comes to rehoming cute, furry animals [​IMG]

PICTURES! I snared these a day or two ago. My little girls nearly gave me a heart attack. I switched from a generic brand of rabbit food (an Orscheln's brand) to Purina Show (I was worried about the corn content) and they refused to eat it, or didn't touch it until they where really hungry. Chowed plenty on hay and fresh forage, but it's not enough to keep weight on youngsters. Put them on Strategy Healthy Edge and they're putting the weight back on fast. Picky little buggers, I thought they where seriously sick at first [​IMG]

Southern Belle (pronouced 'Bell'), the friendliest of the two
    [​IMG]

Hops, Belle, Skipper, Two Buttons, Airship Darling
    [​IMG]

Sea Captain, formerly known as Sea Queen, now with his personal cage
    [​IMG]

I think thats Belle with Hops
    [​IMG]

Skipper, Buttons, and Darling
    [​IMG]

5. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk