Lesson forgotten

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by panner123, Feb 3, 2009.

1. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    NEVER bend over in front of a roo with your back to him. My grand daughter was showing me where a broody was hiding a nest. Not thinking about the roo, I got down to check the nest out. About the time I got a good look at the nest, the roo had his target lined up. Had I caught him, he would have been dinner. I will be sitting on an extra pllow for a few days, thanks to my EX-FAVORITE roo.

2. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

[​IMG] Sorry about your *ahem* injury. I'm sure you'll feel better after you have some chicken soup! [​IMG]

3. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    What a bummer!

I'm not smirking...nope.[​IMG]

4. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

Quote:Pun intended?? [​IMG]

I have to admit, I was once injured in the same region while gathering eggs. I subdued my attacker with a handy dandy shovel and relieved him of his spurs. Next stop was the trade fair.

5. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    I think there would be a late night visit to the coop and one less chicken in the morning.

Husband would NEVER let me live something like that down.

6. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Ouch, I'm sorry! [​IMG]

I got a goose bite there once... I picked up a baby goose from its parents, and turned around to walk away. I learned my lesson the HARD way! [​IMG]

I'm sorry you learned the same lesson, and I'm only laughing with you, not at you... [​IMG]

7. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    They usually attack from the rear, so I'm thinking that if we wear a mask on ours, maybe they'll think we're still watching them! Mine isn't brave enough to attack while I'm facing him.

8. HenniePennie

HenniePennie Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2007
    Oregon
    Last year my roo went after a friend of mine while visiting me. As the Queen of Hearts so profoundly said, "Off with his (her) head!!".
    I will be the first to say............"and a mighty tasty chicken dinner that was"

[​IMG]

9. Beau coop

Beau coop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    WNY
    Quote:Pun intended?? [​IMG]

I have to admit, I was once injured in the same region while gathering eggs. I subdued my attacker with a handy dandy shovel and relieved him of his spurs. Next stop was the trade fair.

How do remove spurs? My roo is crazy with them!!

10. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    don't 'they' always say, "It'll get you in the END"? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by