1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lester CROWED today! Updated PICs of my Lav Orp pg2

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hinkjc, Feb 13, 2008.

1. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I am so happy because my lavender orp would not declare himself...and I kept going back and forth trying to figure out if he was a Lester or Lesterine. LOL Anyway, he crowed twice today, so now it's official. He has such a rough manly crow..it is just adorable. He is soon ready for his ladies. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jody

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Reminded me of Jethro and Jethrine, remember them, LOL? No Lesterines here, thank goodness! Congrats. Mystery solved!

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] Yep no more guessing games trying to figure out what sex Lester was!

5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    LOL You guys knew and I kept second guessing him. I don't know why I do that to myself. I knew he was a boy. I'm gonna blame Tom for putting that 'pullet' thought in my head. [​IMG] I have to get new pics of him..he has filled out so much since these pics too and is so handsome. Maybe I'll try tomorrow if the weather holds out.

Jody

6. sara

sara Title Needed Here

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  7. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    I was an awkward child and had an aunt that pegged me Jetherine.... gawd I hated that. To this day any time she sees me she still calls me that. Thankfully she lives in Texas.......lol.

Now that I'm done having flash backs I will continue with my congratulations on the sex.......lol. Isn't it terrible how we worry over a hatch then when that is done we worry over the sex. I found myself sitting at the brooder last night trying to convince myself they can't all be cockerels...or can they.

So of course we demand pics of him in full roo-hood with his ladies of course. Are they lavender as well ?? You'll be quite sought after for those eggs you know!!

Julie [​IMG]

8. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:Oh they can be all cockerels if I am the one doing the hatching [​IMG]

9. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Awesome! I was just going to ask how your lavender orp was doing and now I know. [​IMG]

10. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Jody, I think his color threw him off. I mean, what manly creature runs around in lavender!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by