Lester's a daddy! Lester PICs pg2 - Baby PICs Pg8

hinkjc

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
PA
Our lavender orp project is on it's way. I only have two girls with Lester right now, but I have confirmed he is breeding one of the hens successfully. Her eggies are fertile and growing nicely and are due in about a week. The 2nd batch also shows embyro development, although only about a week into incubation. Please cross your fingers that these babies hatch and Lester keeps performing.
fl.gif
Our 3rd set of eggs went in yesterday. I am so excited to get this project moving along. Send all the hatching fairy dust my way, so we can get this beautiful breed established here in the US.

On another note, I have another lavender orp baby growing out. I am hoping and praying for a little girl here. These are popping up far and few between, so really would like a true lavender girl for Lester.
fl.gif
I will try to post a pic of "her" later.
woot.gif

Jody

Last edited:
Jody,
Just tons of good hatching vibes coming your way. What a success story. Can't wait to see some pics of them when they hatch. Better yet, can't wait for you to start making their eggs available when the time comes. Gosh, that has to be some kind of exciting for you.

Wow cool! I remember seeing pics of him before. Good luck with your project. I am excited when I see people trying to establish new colors here in the U.S. It's no fair that the UK has so many colors that we don't!

Thanks guys! I knew I could count on you all to provide good wishes and lots of hatching dust for Lester's babies.

Sandy - you're so sweet. I will not give up until I have them..I promise you that.
smile.png

Angie - he is currently breeding black orps. Black is the best approach for lavender breeding when you don't have other lavenders to work with.

Pics are coming. I got some before dusk, so will be uploading them soon. As I was taking pics of the new lav baby, I am leaning towards "it's a boy". You all can give me your opinion when I get them posted.

Thanks,
Jody

Back
Top Bottom