Let all my chickens go! First time meetings.

Hangin Wit My Peeps

AutumnBreezeChickens.com
11 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Birnamwood, Wisconsin
Well, I have four brooder/houses/cages for different sets of my chickens. I have a large house for the D'uccles (four of them) another cage for a pair of bantam cochins, another for my naughty male Serama, another for the three silkies I have. None of them are laying yet but all are getting close except for the silkies...they are only 7 weeks. Anyway, I let every single one of them out for the first time today to see what happens. Well the silkies and the D'uccles got along GREAT for a first time meeting. Not one peck between any of them. The D'uccle roo and the bantam cochin roo had a little spat but not bad. And the large backyard flock came up to check everyone out and all went well. No one was overly mean
big_smile.png
that makes me SO happy because eventually we will have two coops...a large fowl and a bantam coop. We are in process of the bantam coop now. Everyone LOVED to be free and eat grass and bugs
big_smile.png
Even my boxer and pom behaved themselves and were out free with all the chickens! YEAH everything is perfect
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom