1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Pics

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lilshadow, Dec 30, 2008.

1. lilshadow

lilshadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Milaca, MN
    There ws no snow on our deck last night when we went to sleep. This is what we woke up to, and it has been coming down all morning, and is still snowing. Don't ya just love it?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Time for the snow mobiles, and to dig out my chickens.

2. Their Other Mother

Their Other Mother Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Arizona
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    Hey, lilshadow! How many inches do you think you got?

We're getting some of what you already got down here north of the Twin Cities. The roads are terrible, thans to the snow melt from the weekend that turned to ice.

Time to get a-shoveling...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  4. AllChookUp

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    ...and to answer your question, YES - I do love it.

[​IMG]

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

[​IMG]

No more snow!!!
    Us PNW people only want two days of snow and it to all go away so we can go out!!

But looks great and tons of fun if you don't have to go anywhere and drive on tons of Seattle hills!

6. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    Wow!!!!

What a beautiful place you have there...

It s so beautiful, and the snow is magical.

Hope you enjoy a snug and warm few days, and don't have any problems caused by this weather.

Thank you for the pics, we don;t get this anymore.

Jena.

7. lilshadow

lilshadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Milaca, MN
    Quote:Just went and measured for ya, and there is 10 inches out there. That is just from last night and this morning. Thought it was going to slack off, but it is starting to pick back up again and coming down hard. I love it. The roads are bad here too. Can't get out unless you have a 4 wheel drive or are very brave in just a normal car. I live on a dirt road, and my car won't budge, can even get out of the drive with it. I hope it does this all day.[​IMG]

8. AllChookUp

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    lilshadow - We were only supposed to get 4-6 inches here, but it's coming down hard. We're on a dead-end gravel road here too. Lots of slippery, fluffy snow covering sheer ice. Glad I don't have to go out. I was going out ice-fishing, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow morning.

Kinda worried about my DW getting home. She took the car this morning, and left the F-250 4WD here. She should have chosen the other way.
    [​IMG]

9. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

What do I love best about it??

It's all yours [​IMG]

My kids are playing outside in sweatshirts today. Tomorrow will be a whole different story.

10. Western Chick

Western Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Western MN
    Yeah...I think we've been asking for a real winter for the last 10 years...If it's gotta be cold why not have the snow too?

I take it all back!

I want dry roads again. It's been three snowstorms since our township road was plowed. You can't even tell where the road is except for the tire tracks (stay away from the ones that veer off and end abruptly).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by