Let me know what yall think

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Poppafrog, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Poppafrog

Poppafrog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Horn Lake MS
    1st Time chicken owner..LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    looks very nice. a fox WILL dig right under that. and a coon will pluck juvie birds roosted by that wire at night so lock them up every night in that coop.

3. greenbottle27

greenbottle27 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2011
    Southern NJ
    Snazzy jazzy!

Will it get really hot in there?? Just curious... I don't know much about that nifty tinted roof and siding [​IMG]

4. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    I think it looks great!!! I love that see through corrugated stuff ya got there.....you can see right inside what is going on in there that's pretty cool!!! [​IMG]

5. greenbottle27

greenbottle27 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2011
    Southern NJ
    Quote:Unless one of the ladies or gents want a "private moment" [​IMG]

6. Poppafrog

Jun 28, 2011
    Horn Lake MS
    The material I did not think it was going to work but iy did well. The temps have not been bad since I have the open floor and the corregated material has a lot of natural vents. I do not have too many wild animals around with the run and coop hooked onto the fence with 3 dogs right behind it. So far so good. I have 13 RIR but will surely get smaller when I find out how many roosters I have...LOL

7. wava1vaughn

wava1vaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2011
    Cairo Ga.
    Hi from Ga. It looks great! With all those nest boxes I hope you have a lot of chickens. Good Luck.[​IMG]

8. Poppafrog

Jun 28, 2011
    Horn Lake MS
    Thanks for the comps and let me know what else I might need to do as I am new to this.

9. Green_Eggs_and_Ham

Green_Eggs_and_Ham Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2010
    Hi Poppafrog! First, welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

I really like your ideas. It looks cool ... however... and don't take this as mean... my dogs would be in that coop in nothing flat. I have two boxers. They would destroy the plastic siding (especially if they can SEE the chickens), and would have absolutely no trouble getting through the chicken wire.

I've seen what can happen. I had racoons get in one year and killed six of my eight girls. They didn't even drag them off. Just killed them and left. Horrific mess. The two that survived, never recovered from the stress. They both died within three months.

As you will read here the only thing chicken wire is good for is keeping your birds in... not keeping preds out. Read some of the posts in here and the predator section. Ask some questions. Get some answers.

Protect your birds. Once you think they're safe, double that. You may not think you have predators, but you do. They will come to you now that you have a food source. Also, neighborhood dogs are some of the worst predators... especially when they run at night.

I really don't want to sound like a downer, especially after seeing your hard work. Sorry. [​IMG] But you did ask...

E/

10. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    I think it's a neat idea. We all having a learning curve with our first coop. I agree about not using chicken wire as it's very easy to break. You'll always have to test things and see what works best for you. It looks nice and clean though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by