1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Let the dream hatch begin...........EDIT!!! THEY ARE HERE!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by luvmychicknkids, May 31, 2008.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Well, soon anyway. [​IMG] I have two shipments of eggs shipping Monday. My "dream" will seem boring and tame to some, I am sure, but here goes. I FINALLY won an auction for some Blue Laced Red Wyandotte eggs. I am jumping up and down!!!! That is the one chickie I feel I just can't live without. [​IMG] I am also getting a surprise assortment that can include pure bred chickies of these types: Silkies (NEED at least one for my 11 y/o), EE's, Frizzle and Smooth Cochin's, Mille Fleur D'Uccle's, and BTW Japanese Bantams (WHAT is that???????). So, needless to say, I am pretty stoked about this upcoming hatch!!!! Wish me luck!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  2. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Who did you get your BLRW eggs from if you dont mind me asking?

3. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
  4. yotetrapper

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Now I'm mad!! LOL. I bid on some eggs from the same seller last week, and I bid $22 for the 6+. The auction ended when I was at work, and I lost!! And you won them for $7 this time!!!! Grrrr. LOL

I shouldnt be greedy though lol, I have BLRW on order from someone different too.

Those are some fine birds you're getting. That seller is a member of the BLRW yahoo group, as well.

5. Their Other Mother

Their Other Mother Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Arizona
    Keep us all posted, I'm curious as to how well other e-bayers eggs hatch.

6. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Glad you are getting some or I MIGHT feel the slightest twinge of guilt. Note the word MIGHT!!!! LOL They do look beautiful. I watched the auction until the end and lucked out.....only one bid and it was for the minimum. I used to be the worlds best sniper, but I have become less brave. I bid with over a minute left. There was a time when I would have been ashamed if I left 4 seconds!!!!!!

Keep us all posted, I'm curious as to how well other e-bayers eggs hatch.

Will do. I am really nervous about shipped eggs, but don't havea choice if I want some of these. Fingers crossed for all of us!!!!​

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  7. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    Good Luck on your hatches. keep us posted please.

8. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    Good for you!! I am getting SQ polish and polish frizzle eggs and a mix w turken, polish, and blu orp roos with buff orp ,silkie and dominique hens! It's my dream hatch too. Join my hatching buddies thread. I have 2 brown eggs from some lady that works w my mom 10 frizzle polish mix eggs and 2 sizzles on the end of day 8 now. I haven't got to hatch with you before. How exciting!

9. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Cool!!! I will get over there as soon as I get mine started. [​IMG] I am hoping the post office gets them here quick.....so they will be started SOON!!! Look forward to everyone's hatching experiences. [​IMG] Or, see who pulls themselves bald first!!! LOL This is gonna be cool because my hubby will be here shortly after these hatch and get to experience new baby chickies for the first time (military and doesn't get to live with us right now). He is really excited and doesn't care what kind they are. [​IMG] Does anyone know what the BTW Japanese Bantams are?

10. yotetrapper

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    I have 6 silikes from jody on the way, should be here monday, as well as my BLRWs whenever they get here... hoping next week, her hens went broody. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by