Let the egg countdown begin | Hatched 21/07ish... First Egg 29/10 :D

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by pixie74943, Oct 27, 2009.

1. pixie74943

pixie74943 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Adelaide, Australia
    Name: Ginger
    Breed: ISA Brown
    Guesstimated hatch day: 21st of July

Squatting? Check
    Nesting? Check
    Reddening comb/wattles? Not yet

Eggs? Soon [​IMG]

Who wants to wait with me? She has had to be seperated from the big girls because since she starting trying to nest they've been pecking at her and shes lost about an inch wide circle of feathers on her wing, but apart from that shes a happy healthy, squatting, nesting little chicken... NOW BRING ON THE EGGS!!!

I WAS RIGHT!!! GINGER LAID HER FIRST EGG BETWEEN 11AM AND 12PM TODAY!!! WOOHOO!!!

[​IMG]

Can you believe this baby is laying already [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  2. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Bring it on! [​IMG] But you might have to wait a little bit. Sounds to me she may be a little young. Just a guess.

3. pixie74943

May 25, 2009
    Adelaide, Australia
    Yeah shes actually doing it backwards.. my other too went red inthe face first.. started squatting, about a week later started laying and then started nesting after that. And my Leghorn is a bully and wont share the only nest [​IMG] looks like I'll be building another one

4. pixie74943

May 25, 2009
    Adelaide, Australia
    Woop Woop!! I was right!! And she is only 3months old.. Maybe 3 and a half if I miss counted.. but definately not older than that!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by